Cuples Tea House is “Not Your Momma’s Tea House!”
You won’t find any lace or doilies here. But what you will find is an urban inspired tea party including a selection of both savory and sweet bites, tea sandwiches, fruits and cheeses to satisfy all appetites.
En’JOYING YOUR CUPPA
There is just something wonderful about drinking tea. To enjoy a cuppa alone can be a wonderful and introspective journey, a meditation through the synergies of flavor, smell and taste. However, to enjoy a cup tea among friends simply magnifies the sensations of the tea, making it easier to see the beauty that tea has to offer. Indeed, the whole culture of tea centers around the social interaction of a shared pot.
Cuples Tea Tasting Workshop
This informative tea tasting workshop will take you on a wonderful and introspective journey. You will try several teas, learn about their proper preparation and about their health benefits. You will find yourself amazed at the variety of tea available and all of the complex flavors and aromas they have to offer.
- Find a comfortable arrangement for guests. If everyone can sit around a table with comfortable chairs, this is best.
- Some low music is nice so that if people feel like concentrating on the tea without making conversation, they won’t feel awkward.
- Tasting cards with directions on how to evaluate the teas will also be available. Most of all, at the end of our tasting/workshop, participants will have learned how to truly taste tea and we say that participants will become “tea snobs” by the end of the tasting!
- Pick a time that makes sense. We will be sampling 6 teas, you should choose a time that does not overlap a meal, or you will have hungry, over-caffeinated guests. The best times to schedule a tea tasting are 12:00 pm -2:00 pm or 3:00 pm–5:00 pm, giving people a chance to have breakfast or lunch before coming. Make sure to inform your guests that they will be tasting for at least 2 hours, and to come already fed.
- Create your guest list and mail/evite your invitations 4-6 weeks prior to your event. Cuples Tea House will take care of the rest. The cost per person is $14 (which does not include tax and/or gratuity.) Guests can register online or one invoice can be billed. If your organization is a 501c(3), please email your tax exempt certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to your event.
Cuples Tea will help you to customize your Tea Tasting with a tea menu specific to your event. We will provide 6 teas for tasting during the designated 2-hour time event and we also provide all of the accompaniments including a complimentary glass of iced tea while we wait for all of the guests to arrive. We provide cheese/fruit/cookies/ chocolates (purchased from local makers) – we call this our palate cleansers – this is to ensure that no one taste overpowers the next.
- The first thing you’ll need to do when planning your “Tea Set” is to determine is what type of teas you want to serve. Click here to view our tea selections.You should choose about six teas for your menu. Remember that the central part of your menu is the tea; the food serves as a compliment.
- Speaking of food, your guests will experience all of the traditional elements of a tea party including the sweet stuff, the sandwiches and the savories. A full complete menu of finger sandwiches/salads, fresh scones/biscuits and the sweet stuff (cakes and other baked goods) are included. Check out our ‘tea party’ menu
- Select a date and a time that makes sense for your Tea Party. The best times to schedule a Tea Party are 11:00 am – 1:00 pm or 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm. (You may want to consider reducing the amount of caffeinated tea when considering your time. Some people are more sensitive to caffeine after a certain time of the day.)
- Ensure that your venue will comfortably accommodate your guests. We find that tables of 6-8 work best; but this depends on the size of your guest list.
Cuples Tea House will help you to customize your Tea Party with a menu specific to your event. We will provide 6 teas for sipping during the designated 2-hour time frame and we also provide all of the accompaniments that go along with a tea party. Your guests will experience all of the traditional elements of a tea party including the sweet stuff, the sandwiches and the savories, only, we present things with an “Urban Flair.” What does this mean…instead of your traditional cucumber sandwiches or egg salad sandwiches, we might have a curry chicken salad sandwich or what we call “not your momma’s egg salad sandwich or a chicken and waffles selection. Your guests will still experience the traditional elements of a tea party, with a full complete menu including finger sandwiches/salads, fresh scones/biscuits and the sweet stuff (cakes and other baked goods) less the lace and doilies.
It is your choice to deviate from the traditional menu but consider the season and the availability of cheeses and produce. Make sure to include both savory and sweet food.
Maintain an accurate count of your entire guest list including number of confirmed guests. The cost for each person is $39.50 (which does not include tax and/or gratuity.) Guests can register online or one invoice can be billed. If your organization is a 501c(3), please email your tax exempt certificate to email@example.com prior to your event.