Cuples Tea House is “Not Your Momma’s Tea House!”
You won’t find any lace or doilies here. But what you will find is an urban inspired tea party including a selection of both savory and sweet bites, tea sandwiches, fruits and cheeses to satisfy all appetites.
Cuples Tea Party
There is just something wonderful about drinking tea with others. To drink tea alone can be a wonderful and introspective journey, a meditation on beauty through the synergies of flavor, smell and taste. However, to drink tea among friends magnifies the sensations of the tea, making it easier to see the beauty that tea has to offer. Indeed, the whole culture of tea in China centers around hospitality and the social interaction of a shared pot.
Cuples Tea Tasting Workshop
This informative tea tasting workshop will take you on a wonderful and introspective journey. You will try several teas, learn about their proper preparation and about their health benefits. You will find yourself amazed at the variety of tea available and all of the complex flavors and aromas they have to offer.
Plan Your Tea Tasting Workshop
- Pick a time that makes sense. We will be sampling 4-6 teas, choose a time that does not overlap a meal, or you will have hungry over-caffeinated guests. The best times to schedule a tea tasting are 12:00 pm -2:00 pm or 3:00 pm–5:00 pm, giving people a chance to have breakfast or lunch before coming. Make sure to inform your guests that they are investing at least 2 – 2 1/2 hours into the tasting, and to come already fed.
- Find a comfortable arrangement for guests. If everyone can sit around a table with comfortable chairs, this is best.
- Some low music is nice so that if people feel like concentrating on the tea without making conversation, they won’t feel awkward.
- Create your guest list and mail/evite your invitations 4-6 weeks prior to your event. Cuples Tea House will take care of the rest. The cost per person is $14 (which does not include tax and/or gratuity.) Guests can register online or one invoice can be billed.
Plan Your Tea Party Event
- Select a date and a time that makes sense for your Tea Party. The best times to schedule a Tea Party are 11:00 am – 1:00 pm or 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm. Make sure to inform your guests that lunch is provided.
- Ensure that your venue will comfortably accommodate your guests. We find that tables of 6-8 work best; but this depends on the size of your guest list.
- Cuples Tea House will help you to customize your Tea Party with a menu specific to your event. It is your choice to deviate from the traditional menu but consider the season and the availability of cheeses and produce. Make sure to include both savory and sweet food.
- Depending on the purpose of your Tea Party, your guest list can include dozens of people or just a few of your closest friends. Your invitation can range from a very casual evite to a formal invitation. Your invitations should be sent at least 6-8 weeks prior to your event (be creative; include a tea bag in a more casual invite to set the tone for your party.)
- Maintain an accurate count of your entire guest list including number of confirmed guests. The cost for each person is $39.50 (which does not include tax and/or gratuity.) Guests can register online or one invoice can be billed. If your organization is a 501c(3), please email your tax exempt certificate to email@example.com prior to your event.